A $40 Lesson

I've shared with you my recent journey ... a journey to discover more and more of God.  It's taken me on some wild roads.  Lately, the ride has to do with money.  Comes as  no surprise to me as 30% of the things Jesus talked about while roaming planet earth was (drum roll please) ... money.

Biggest take-a-way:  God owns everything - even my money.  He generously allows me to earn money but He is my Provider.  Taking this kind of attitude assumes that when He asks me to give money to projects or people I'm gonna say "yes".

Recently, a young couple gave our family $40 to spend on something fun.  I had a plan - pizza.  (Good pizza can be a budget buster!)  I wanted to bless my family ... OK ... me ... with a no cooking night.  However, I had a sense that the money didn't belong to us.  Fixing something else for dinner, the money sat on the counter ... waiting to be used for another time.

The next day, I felt as if God was asking me to give this money away ... all of it ... to someone He would show us.  Running  my idea by my Chris, he was on board and so we waited to see how God wanted to use the money.  During the course of the day, I knew.  The money was to go to a friend of ours.

Not knowing her circumstances, I thought I'd drop it by to her last Thursday.  However on Wednesday, I felt as if the Lord was literally pushing me out of the door to deliver the money into her hot little hands.  As I went, I must admit my initial "gosh I wanted pizza" thoughts began to turn toward excitement ... what was God's plan for the money?

After finishing my mission, I went about my day feeling giddy as a school girl, knowing that God had a plan for my friend.  As usual, not being a very cell-phone-friendly-user kind of gal, my cell phone was dead for the rest of that day.  During the night, my Chris took the liberty to charge my little machine ... bless his heart ... because I'm sure I didn't even realize it's death nor know where to find the charger of it's life.

On Thursday, after my little phone has had a rebirth, I get the following text:
"I just wanted to share this with you!!  I needed 38.79 in the bank today to cover a bill.  Between yesterday and today I was going to make it by the skin of my teeth.  So after you left and I looked at the $40 I cried."
This text is saved on my phone ... wherever it is ... to remind me of God's faithfulness!  My friend needed $38.79 and God provided $40.00.  I needed to learn how gracious God is to use me as part of His provision.  It's a win/win situation!

Still giddy ...
christina





Share:

1 comments

  1. Your obedience and sensitivity to Father is astounding. This moved me to tears. Love you!

    ReplyDelete