Independence Day


It's our first Independence Day to celebrate in the U.S. in 6 years!  As I revel in the pageantry and ol' fashioned traditional celebrations, I am just struck by the symbolism of this day !  Independence Day.
Hmm.

This year, as I sit in the dark of my beloved Oklahoma, watching fireworks pop in the sky and swatting killer mosquitoes ... I will be reflective.  These bursts of color and gun powder represent independence from so many things.

As our nation celebrates the day of our independence from another country, I will whisper thanks to God for the ways He's set me free from struggles, wrong attitudes, hurt, ideals, destructive patterns and so many other things external and internal that could have kept me captive.  Instead, I walk in freedom!!

Let the Oooooooooo's and Awwwwwwwwww's begin!!

Waving my flag,
christina





Share:

0 comments