Benefits

I believe the greatest tragedy Christians face today is the lack of Biblical teaching of what it means to follow Christ.

Go into any job market, apply for a job, get hired ... and most reputable firms will hand you a "benefits package".  After reading the bound copy of your "extras", usually a big smile stretches across the face, realizing that not only do you now have a paying job ... you've got benefits!  It kind of puts the icing on top of the cake.

Yet, many Christians act as if they've been given jobs just above slave status and the benefits are something extra they have to work for ... and work for ... and work for ... never knowing for sure if they are doing enough to get the reward ... the carrot at the end of the stick.

Christ came to set captives free ... yet there is a works/slave mentality that has been interjected into the minds of God's people that distorts the truth and holds free people with strong chains.  Christ gave his life.  The Holy Spirit came to guide us in a very real and tangible pressence here on earth.  God has planned eternity and a future with Him - forever. 

This morning feeling a bit heavy by the lack of freedom so many walk in, I came across this song.  I entered into a private, holy moment and just sat and listened.  Take time and courage to do the same ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_A15gb_xQ


"Hiding Place"
Sara Groves

Early when the day is new
Before the stirring
I will come and talk to you
And confess the ways I am broken
To recall the words you've spoken
And to try to comprehend
The love you have for me

You are my hiding place
You fill my broken heart with songs
Songs of deliverance
You sing of how the weak are strong

You never meant for me to walk alone
You are always for me
As the truest lover of my soul
You hear my desperate calling
You have kept my feet from falling
And have set me on this rock on which I'm stand now

You are my hiding place
You fill my broken heart with songs
Songs of deliverance
You sing of how the weak are strong

And I believe you
For you've saved me from my darkness and my shame
And I believe you
For I hear your song of beauty through the pain

Share:

1 comments

  1. Yes. Amen. We, in Christ, should be joyful, joyful, joyful in the work He's called us to!

    (And I love that song.)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete