After the Goodbye


It's normal again.

That girl of mine has started school, her job, her life apart from mine ... and that's as it should be.  The tears that poured down my face creating puddles around my feet are gone.  The ache of wanting to be near her is in it's right place.  Normal life has resumed.

We are back to 7 hours time difference, random pictures and messages on "What's App", experiencing each other's life after the other has lived it ... all what we've come to know as "normal".

What I'm left with is an almost holy awareness that times spent submerssed with the ones you love is sacred.  Had my home address been in the same area code as hers, the time she spent home for her Christmas break may not have been so ... sacred.  That's my gift ... this long distance creates in all of us a knowing to savor, hold tightly, submerge ourselves in the fleeting moments that we get to be close enough to touch each other.

Off to my normal life ... and to send a long-distance text to that girl of mine,
christina

Share:

0 comments