Waiting Room Reflections

I recently sent a friend an email.  She lives on the other side of the world.  Due to time differences, I usually send her an email to let her know I am praying for her.  I gave her an update on myself and she responded by saying that I should write a book.  So today I'm doing the next best thing by writing a blog entry.

For years, my female body has battled female hormones.  Too long of a story to write about but in summary, I will simply say I'm on the right track. Finding a hormone balance doctor in my area and getting results from blood work, I have chosen a course of action toward good hormonal health.  The biggest culprit in my list of symptoms is Anemia due to low iron.

After two rounds of iron infusions, a bottle of Chlorophyll, and now a blood tonic enhancer chock full of Chinese herbs, I'm having more good days than bad.  Bad days are defined by extreme fatigue, headache, dizziness, nausea, and occasional difficulty with breathing.  

This is not cancer.  This is treatable.  This is also a pain.

It's been a pain because, like always, my sense of timing is not matching the Creator of my body's sense of timing!  I expected my iron infusion to "heal" me immediately.  Immediate has not come.  Weeks have now passed and I'm just now seeing "better" but not healed.

I took my complaints to the Lord.  He listened - He's good like that - and then offered up a thought.   He asked me how long it takes for a baby to be born.  Easy, 9 months.  Then He told me that 9 months was a prescribed law of pregnancy.  It takes a set amount of time for everything to properly grow and ready itself for birth.  To be pregnant, and ask God to allow the baby to be born in just 2 weeks, goes against the law of pregnancy.  The law is designed for a reason.

I breathed deeply and understood.  This law of iron regeneration is set for a specific time for a reason.  

Understanding this law and submitting to it are two different things.  I have so many things I want to do.  I have so many things I need to do.  I plan for a good day and have no energy.  I make a list of things to do and nothing gets checked off the list.  It's frustrating.  But what I'm trying to do is submit all of it to the One who knows the time frame.  Letting stress build up in my body while I'm trying to rest is stupid.  I fight feeling lazy when I have no energy and tell myself the law of healing is at work in my body.  I try not to wear myself out with battling the lying tales that want to develop into epic stories inside my brain.  I just submit it and rest.
Instead of fighting, I rest.  

As I wait for iron levels to jump through the roof, I begin to understand that God's way often is using set laws that are meant for a specific purpose.  If I've been praying for a breakthrough, and breakthrough hasn't come, it may be that there is a spiritual law that is being lived out.  It's not unanswered prayer but a divine timing issue that I simply need to wait upon and rest in the One who has already set a plan in motion!  

What about you?  I don't believe God wastes anything, especially not our pain.  Is there something you've been waiting for that has not yet been fulfilled?  Perhaps this is a time to rest instead of fret.  Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal or recall scripture to affirm the reason you are in the waiting room.  What we believe while we wait is important.  

So, let me reiterate ... I breathe deeply.  This law of iron regeneration is set for a specif time for a reason.  God is good.  I will wait.  

Breathing,
Christina






Share:

0 comments