A Parking Lot Prayer


Being in America, one must have a car.  Having children who must be one place or the other, groceries that need to be purchased, meetings that have to be attended and other life kind of stuff ... you just gotta have wheels. 

Since our being here is a temporary thing we didn't want to buy something and then have to sell it before heading back.  We have been using a van that has been on loan to us.  We are so thankful for the transportation and soon the loan period is coming to and end.

This week, I was talking to God about our need.  I felt very peaceful despite no evidence of seeing another car in the driveway.  I just felt Him saying, "Don't worry.  I've got this."  So, I took a deep breath and decided I felt more peaceful trusting God than myself.  Check that worry off the list.  He said He has it.

Friday morning (4/11) my Chris went to the gym.  As he pulled into the parking lot, noticing all the cars parked in neatly marked spaces, he was reminded of our need for a car.  Admitting this was a bit of a stresser, he decided in his heart to trust God as he spoke the request to a Father he knows cares about his every need.

He came home sweaty from his workout and plopped down in the chair in the living room.  We began to chat about the rest of the day when the phone rang.  Chris answered and I could tell he knew the caller on the other end of the line.  In a few minutes, I pieced together some of the conversation based on Chris' part of the dialogue.  In short, we have a new car to use.  A long-time friend heard of our need and he had an "extra" car just waiting in the wings.

When I read the Bible, I sometimes scratch my head over things like water being turned into wine, crippled men being told to stand on new legs, blind eyes being told to open to 20/20 vision, Sea's being parted to allow travelers to walk on dry ground ... miracles (scratch, scratch).

Today, when I think about our car that now sits in the driveway, I giggle.  God did another miracle (scratch, scratch).  Following God is not for the faint of heart. For us ... a problem is elevated to the degree we can provide a solution.  When it's answered in a way we couldn't not image ... it's SHAZAMM.  For God ... it's just His way.  Miracles.

Scratching my head at my own miracle,
christina

 

Share:

0 comments