There's salt in them there oats! Part 2

This morning as my Chris and I were touching base about the day, I asked him if he read my blog yesterday.  He did and then said ... "but you got it wrong.  The salt in the oats bring the horses to the water!"  OOOOOhhhhhhh!  Now that's a different story all together!

The salt drys the mouth, draws the horse to a place of needing water, and the water does the work of refreshment.  Sit on that for a while!

Where is the salt in my love, my words, my actions, my heart that draws others to  a place of needing water ... a place of needing more to satisfy their quench for heart healing, questions to be answered, discovering more about Who I follow?  And how willing am I to lead them not to myself, my strategy for life, a good book, or anything else attached to ... well ... me ... but to the real source of all life - Jesus Christ?!

You see, I am still digging for more!!  More of what gives me life and hope and power and makes my life less and less about me and more and more about One Greater!!!

Where I become less, His power - His attraction -  becomes greater.  I am only salt.  But He ... He is the water!!  And that, my friends, was a discovery about the person of Jesus from the Holy Spirit!

The treasure hunt has just begun,
christina

Share:

0 comments