There's Salt in them there oats!


I love a good pep talk!  It's the stuff of what great movies are made:  A discouraged central character ready to give up.  A secondary figure with some inspirational speech that sets the central character into action is spoken.  What seemed impossible - possible.  What seemed hopeless - full of hope.  The information that was received is put into action by landing in a place in the heart of the hearer that brings change and SHAZAMM!!!  ... everything is different.

So why don't I see that in the lives of today's Christians ... or even myself?  (Long pause for pondering.)

I've asked God to show me what "living the christian life" is supposed to look like.  Over the years of following Jesus, I've discovered some fantastic things that have made my life radically different.  However, at times it feels like I've been a water hose ... a common, ordinary, garden hose.  When the faucet is turned to the maximum capacity and the rush of water forces its way through my silicone covering ... I have power.  I don't resist the flow.  It comes.  I receive.  Then, there are the kinks.  You know what I'm talking about ... the "v" shaped kinks in the line that are sometimes not noticed until I'm standing there wondering where all the water is!

Because I am an American, have lived in the Bible belt, have been part of a denomination, have read certain books, have omitted certain things, and carried my cross ... I have beliefs.  My beliefs drive me into action.  At the age of 45 and walking with Jesus for nearly 26 years, it's time to read my Bible with new eyes.  When Jesus says pray ... I should pray.  When Jesus says ... "You are blessed when you do this ..." ... I should desire to do that.  Those are not the issues I struggle with.

Recently, a wise man told my Chris that living the christian life should be a little like feeding a horse salty oats. The salt makes the horse want to come back for more.  Oooooooowwwwww I like that.  But then I stop to take in what that means.  More of what?

That's what I'm on a quest for ... more of ... God ... more of ... Jesus ... more of ... the Holy Spirit.  If God is all three then I want to know more of all three!  I'm digging but most of all I'm listening.  As I journey, I will share - I can't help but share.

For now, I feel like I'm on a new adventure, pick in hand, ready to find new treasures!!!

Treasure hunting,
christina




Share:

0 comments