More

I am a creature of habit.  I love to have a routine.  It doesn't have to be the same one (in fact it's better if it's different) but I do like the feel of a good rhythm.  This morning, however, my rhythm has been broken.  Hormones, bad dreams, being too hot, then being too cold forced me to the couch.  Then, as the alarm spoke it's ungodly message of morning, I politely dismissed it's request, passed the morning routine off to my Chris, and went back to bed.

Waking up at 8:30 a.m. instead of 6:30 a.m. my schedule is "off".  I went ahead and fixed my coffee, my yogurt and grains, brought my journal and Bible to my table in my room ... and began to let my mind wander.

I read some blogs of other writers I both like and am challenged by ... turned on the "Simon Burch" soundtrack that sends me into reflective thinking ... and here I am.  No Bible reading ... no journaling ... just me at the computer.

More.  Ask.  These two words have not been a part of my normal spiritual routine.  I've asked God to bless others with more ... I've asked God to bring peace ... I've asked God to remove pain ... I've asked God to change me ... I've asked a lot ... but I haven't ... in the past .. asked God for MORE.  More of what?


  • More of Him ... of who HE is ... 
  • More of His Holy Spirit ... and the truth of the "secret weapon" we have in knowing Him ...
  • More of His provision ... and really believing that God is a loving Father who gives His kids bread - not stones!
  • More of Freedom ... truth brings freedom ...
  • More of Joy ... being giddy over what He speaks to me in my innermost parts and trusting what He says ...
  • More miracles ... of all kinds! ... haven't seen a bunch of fish in my fridge being used to feed 5.000 but I have seen my share of God doing the miraculous in our lives!!


So ... I'm learning to ask MORE.  It is a learning curve.  I have had to set aside my religious upbringing and tradition and dive right smack in the middle of the Bible to see what God wants me to ask Him for ... and it's a mind blower!  I like asking for more.  The more I ask ... I ask for more!  I'm breaking a rhythm that has settled in my spiritual routine ... and I LIKE IT!

listening to my soundtrack ... and doing a lot of asking,
christina

Share:

0 comments