Admission


I joined a gym.  It's a "girl gym" called ... are you ready for this one ... Mrs. Sporty!  It's in my neighborhood.  Pink and white balloons fly outside, signifying to the world that girls are inside trying to get healthy.  I like it.  It makes me feel like ... well... a girl.

I had my first "trainings Termine".  This is where I got the scoop on the gym, the machines, and got a full check-up.  My trainer girl asked questions about health, nutrition, activity.  I hung my head and answered her with low and hushed tones. (big smile)

Then, we walked to the inevitable scale. (Insert creepy music here!)  I climbed aboard.  Not only did it measure my weight (gasp) but it also calculated body fat, mass, water, and a whole bunch of other stuff.  Then, at the end, as if the truth of the numbers were not motivation enough to get up and move, it calculated my metabolism age.  Mine:  61.

I struggle, have struggled, and am struggling with body image.  This is nothing new as it has consumed most of my life.  I've had periods of breakthrough and periods of extreme self-discipline.  However, with the numbers on my human time line reading 46 and the realization that I feel a whole lot older than those digits, I know its time to do something.

This is not a "me" thing.  The Holy Spirit has been nudging, gently, for a long time.  There are things that have kept me back and I'm ready for those things to be broken!  I am being candid and real and will continue to do so because I don't think I'm the only gal out there who struggles with this body thing.  It's real.  It keeps us down.  It keeps us from living in freedom.

For me ... I'm tired of it and I'm fighting back in the power of the Holy Spirit ... and strapping on some gym shoes in response!

More to come ... and more to experience,
christina


Share:

1 comments

  1. Body image struggles are real for us all...love you and so proud of you! I will be asking that He give you endurance and motivation to "press on".

    ReplyDelete