Eucharist

I've added a new App to my Ipad:  Webster's Dictionary.  Because I love words, I often need a new perspective on what a word actually means.  Thus, today's word:  EUCHARIST.  My App says the following:
from GreekEucharistgratitudefromeucharistos grateful,

I've been consistently posting on Facebook a picture a day.  It's become my Eucharist.  It's become those things that strike me as meaningful for that particular second on the clock on that particular day.  Because I now have a digital image of that moment, I am ever conscious of what my heart deams as a gratful, eucharistos, moment.

A few years ago, I was introduced to this concept of Eucharist by author Ann Voskamp.  Her book, One Thousand Gifts, came to me in a time in my life where gratitude was an effort.  To find the things that made me truly grateful while I was suffering of heart and soul was an act of sacrifice.  Some days, the only thing that got scribbled in my designated eucharist notebook was "hot water" or "coffee".  Being in a new place, with new perspective gained from heart scares during that difficult season, I can see deeper things.  No matter ... the gratitude has the same weight then as it does now.

And that's the beauty of eucharist ... from hot water to inspirational insight ... the gratitude is the thing the heart is after ... and it's the gratitude ... the eucharistos of the heart that changes us.  It's in the seeing and the reording - be it scribbles in a designated notebook or snaps of a camera - that makes Eucharist so beautiful.

looking for moments in the lens of my camera,
christina




Share:

0 comments