Seasons

Seasons:  periods of time that differ ... seasonally.  Not profound.  Just the truth.  And this time of year, the idea of a "season" seems very tangible.  THE season we most think of, reflect upon, have angst over, and get giddy about is THIS season:  Christmas.

When I pull out my Christmas decorations, there comes a rush of every Christmas SEASON that I've ever experienced being experienced ... at once.  From an ornament given to me by my Mother to a paper photo splattered with glitter one of my children have given to me, the rush of memories past makes me dizzy.  I'm transported in an invisible time machine that gives me full access to every Christmas past.

Today I find myself in a totally different SEASON of my life.  I'm not the Mother I so identified myself as when I had little ladies.  I have not-so-little ladies (and girls that's not a fat joke) that I get to Mother in a different way.  I don't find myself stressing about creating activities that will give them opportunities to really know the true meaning of Christmas.  We've been there and we've done that ... successfully I might add.  Now, I kick back a little.  I go to concerts that they are involved in and ... watch.  I prepare a special treat for them to take to a class party and ... get left behind.  I "What'sApp" a fun idea and ... read  a text response.  It's a totally new SEASON.

My heart yearns for my dear ones that are Momma's to young children during this SEASON.  Collectively I just want to tell you that you are all GOOD Momma's!  Your children will be light years ahead of their peers for things you are modeling and leading and empowering them to do, discover, and participate in during this SEASON.

Instead of stressing over the perfect gift, the perfect moment, the perfect picture ... recognize the fleeting nature of this SEASON.  From one who walked in your tired shoes not too long ago, this is a SEASON you WILL look back on and smile ... oh, how you will smile.  And, guess what ... you'll be in a new SEASON.

So, whatever SEASON you are thrashing about in ...  may I offer a challenge?  Jump in and be totally engaged in this years' SEASON with a new perspective.  For, dear ones, it's merely a SEASON.

loving all my Young Momma's,
christina

Share:

0 comments