Steps

I love how this picture symbolizes our family right now:  steps.  Steps can be surefooted.  Steps can be made with a pit in our stomach.  But, one thing for sure ... steps take us from one place and lead us to another.

Our family is stepping out ... again.  This time, four sets of steps will lead us back to Vienna while another set of steps stay here.

Surefooted steps lead my Chris to lead the rest of us back to a new thing with a new sending agency in Vienna:  Fahrenheit!  Fahrenheit is a mentoring agency, allowing us to use our gifts and talents to do what we love to do.  It is birthed out of a dream, I believe in God's heart, to see university students and business people connected with mentors that will live life- intentionally - alongside them.  Partners have come alongside Fahrenheit both financially and as mentors.  As we step out in the beginning phases of this venture ... we are surefooted.

At the same time, I have discovered that surefooted steps can also bring a pit in the stomach.  The pit is not lack of desire to follow the dream.  The pit is the willful knowing of what is being given up to follow that dream.  Pits have no bottoms.  Yet, the pit drives me to cling to God.  God brings peace in the pit.  The pit is not bigger than the one who carries me through it.

More information on Fahrenheit and this journey to follow.  I simply wanted to express this leg of our journey ... the steps ... the pit ... the surefooted.  On my own and in my flesh ... this journey would be impossible.  The fear of the unknown is so ... unknown I would turn back and settle for normal.  However, because the Spirit of God is active, adventurous, calling me to deeper places ... and deeper pits ... I have to step ... into the unknown ... and in the stepping I discover more of God.  It's a sacred holiness ... this stepping into the unknown.  These steps are taking me ... and my family ... from one place (spiritually) to another.  I can't go back ...

Stepping,
christina

Share:

0 comments